Warren County 4-Hers “Show Off” At
A total of 43 youth from Granville, Franklin, Vance, and Warren Counties participated in the Four County 4-H Junior Livestock Show on Friday, April 23, 2010 at the Southern Livestock Center in Oxford. Eight youth participants from Warren County did an excellent job preparing for the show and participating in the event and made their families and 4-H Agent very proud!
Warren County 4-Hers were recognized for the following awards:
- Whitney Cutts – 2nd place Class 3 Meat Goat Breeding Doe and Go-Getter Award
- Elizabeth McAuslan – 2nd place Class 2 Meat Goat Breeding Doe, 1st place Senior Goat Showmanship
- Jamie McAuslan – 3rd place Senior Beef Showmanship, 2nd place Class 2 Beef Heifer, 2nd place Senior Goat Showmanship, 4th place Class 1 Meat Goat Breeding Doe
- Brody Steffensen – 4th place Class 2 Beef Heifer, Participation in Costume Class
- Colton Steffensen – 3rd place Junior Beef Showmanship, 3rd place Class 2 Beef Heifer, 2nd place Class 2 Commercial Breeding Ewe, Reserve Champion Breeding Ewe, 1st place 11-12 Educational Project, 1st place Costume Class
- Lacie Steffensen – 3rd place 9-10 Educational Project, 3rd place Costume Class
- Tiffany Steffensen – Participation in Novice (Cloverbud) Beef and Sheep Showmanship
- Emily Willis – 3rd place Class 1 Commercial Breeding Ewe, 1st place 9-10 Educational Project
Prior to showing their 4-H animal science project, each 4-H’er was challenged to complete a quality 4-H Educational Project. Each participating youth completed a poster or an essay that was judged according to standards for their age group.
Wake Electric We Care and Franklin County Farm Bureau were the overall sponsors for the 20th Annual Four County 4-H Livestock Show. Local sponsors for the event included Warren County Cooperative Extension, Warren County Farm Bureau, Warren County Cattlemen’s Association, Greystone Concrete Products, Mr. John Cannady, Tar Heel Tire, Mr. Eddie Clayton, and McAuslan’s Auto Body, Mr. Jim McAuslan.
For more information on the 4-H Youth Development program in Warren County, please contact Erin Bain, 4-H Youth Development Extension Agent at 257-3640 or firstname.lastname@example.org