Remember to Eat All Your Colors!
It all counts – fresh, frozen, canned or dried. Look for fruits packed in their own juice to reduce sugar. Make a stir fry! Experiment with different vegetables, or use what you have on hand!
When eating smart at home, remember to choose more fruits and vegetables!
- Keep a bowl of fruit on the counter.
- Make fruit smoothies for a quick breakfast or snack.
- Keep baby carrots or other ready to eat vegetables on hand.
- Add corn, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, or beans to soups and stews.
- Add bananas or berries to cereal or yogurt.
- Top sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, and other vegetables.
- Add peppers, onions, or other vegetables to spaghetti sauce.